Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Be Inspired by A Bug's Eye View

I'm back! I know you all thought that if I took a mini break, I wouldn't be back for six months again, but nope, your stuck with me! I'm determined to keep the momentum!

Whenever the boys and I go to the park, they spend hours looking under things. Logs, stumps, rocks, branches. They're searching for worms, centipedes and other creepy crawlies. The searches got me to start thinking about what it must be like to be a bug and how different the world must look when you're so small. So over the weekend I took some pics from a bug's perspective. Here they are (a few are older photos that I thought were too perfect not to include):

Under the May Apple

DSCF6078

DSCF6330

DSCF6356

DSCF6333

Fly Silhouette

DSCF6358

We 3

DSCF6268

Looking at the world from a different perspective can really get the creative juices flowing. You may look a bit silly down on the ground and looking up, but you just might see things that you've never seen before. Just in case you need a little more inspiration, here are some creepy crawlies that I imagined being when I took these photos. If you're squeamish about bugs, you may not want to scroll down any further!

Buggin

Little Lady

Ready for his close-up

Worm

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I absolutely love these photos, so different and so artistic and inspirational. Thanks for sharing them!

Block Party Press said...

Thanks Amanda! Are you up for doing a guest post? I'd love to do a regular interview and a post about what's inspiring in Australia. Let me know!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Photo/Video Guest Book