Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Improving on Mother Nature?

I promised in my last post that I would get some pics of the treasures we collected in woods yesterday. Well, here they are:



























































And here's what they inspired (made by Kyle,6). He decided that mother nature made acorns way to boring, so he decided to kick it up a notch :







































To make your own crazy acorns:
1. Find some acorn hats.
2. Then take your scrap polymer clay. Smush it all together. Make a ball and stuff it into the acorn hat.
3. Feel free to leave it round, shape it into a cone like Kyle did or make something even more fantastic.
4. Bake in the oven at the recommended temp. for the clay you use.
5. You may need to glue the caps on after baking. I just used craft glue. Feel free to paint them or finish them anyway you like.
6. Have fun!

Don't have any acorn hats? Shells are fun to use too:











I think Mother Nature is pretty perfect, but I guess there is always room for improvement!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Just wanted to let you and Kyle know that I featured this project over at Craft Gossip!

http://polymerclay.craftgossip.com/crazy-acorns/2009/08/05

Thanks for sharing your awesome project!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

They're gorgeous! I got so excited for fall when I saw those!

hatjunkie said...

looks like a great project. I'll have to try it with my five year old.

Block Party Press said...

Wow! Thanks so much Julie! Kyle was thrilled!

Thanks Rachel! My brain is slowly starting to think of Fall too. Maybe it's because I can't wait for the kids to go back to school!LOL

Thanks Hatjunkie! Feel free to send me some pictures. I'll be happy to post them here on the blog!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Photo/Video Guest Book