Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Be Inspired to Look at all the Angles

I'll be posting short posts for the next 2 weeks as I have to prepare for Artscape coming up on the 16th and still fill orders and entertain the boys. I'll do my best to at least get some Daily Inspiration shots up when I don't have time to write anything. I've also been suffering from daily internet service outages over the last week which I hope will be resolved when my provider comes out this weekend.

We are in the middle of a heat wave right now, so I've been kinda stuck in the house. 100+ degrees is not fun! So while trying to find something interesting to photograph, I turned to the newest member of our tiny succulent (the only thing I can keep alive) garden. Kyle picked a rather dramatic cactus the other day on a trip to Home Depot to get stone for our back yard.

While taking pictures, I decided to focus on capturing the cactus from all possible angles. By doing this, different shapes emerged which inspired different ideas. In past posts I've focused on looking at things from a specific perspective or angle, but It's also great to check out all the angles. You never no what you'd miss by limiting how you look at things. So get down on the ground, climb up on something, get up close, move far away or tilt your subject in different ways and see what it inspires.

DSCF6927

DSCF6924

DSCF6929

DSCF6926

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Photo/Video Guest Book