Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Be Inspired to Share Your Love of Art and Creating














I had a fantastic time at Handmade Mart this weekend. Even though it was pouring when the hubs and I set up the tent, it eventually stopped raining and stayed dry the rest of the day. It was great to see so many familiar faces. I had a bunch of repeat customers which is always nice and met quite a few new ones too. (Sorry the pics are blurry, but I think my camera was fogged up from the rain and humidity.














At last year's show I debuted the Block Party kid's art table which was a great success (See here) and so much fun. I couldn't disappoint the kids, so despite the table getting a bit wet from the rain, I set up the art table again this year. I even did a few impromptu lessons in Sculpey sculpting. Unfortunately, I forgot to put my SD card in my camera, so I was rather limited in what I could photograph. The kids didn't disappoint this year. Check out some of their creations. Lots of "so and so was here", lots of pretty lovely girl drawings , some grapes and even a chicken nugget.



















































Peace and pie...sounds like heaven :)




























































My personal favorite :P


















Tweet Tweet!




















Here's my little contribution from my mini "makin faces" lesson:














Take some time this week to share your love of creating with a child, be it your own or someone else's. I promise they will inspire you!!

3 comments:

Taryn said...

What a great idea, looks like the kids loved it! I have 2 little boys and I know the importance of sharing creativity with the munchkins. I've seen your goodies in The Muse in downtown Frederick, they're fabulous :)

Block Party Press said...

Thanks!! I love the Muse. My Aunt used to live in Frederick and helped set it up for me. Great to see you here on the blog! The kids had a ball. There weren't really any other kids activities, so my tent was the kids spot!

krakenmosaics.com said...

Great stuff. I'm inspired that you chose to share your love of art with the kids. Kids are amazing little people...and they always surprise me with their unhindered creativity.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Photo/Video Guest Book