Here's a fun new tutorial for you today. Make sure you share it with your kids and don't skip any steps! I will announce the winners of the giveaway tonight. I decided to pick the ACEO name since it has dragged on longer than anticipated, so both winners & the new name will be announced tonight! In the meantime, be inspired to create something and give this tutorial a try!
Use an 8 ½ x 11 piece of paper, cardstock, or construction paper for this project. You can color your paper before you begin your folds to make the rock more rock-like.
1. Fold the paper in half, length-wise.
2. Fold in half width-wise.
3. Repeat on both sides.
4. Take the left corner and fold diagonally along the center line, like you are making a paper airplane.
5. Take the right corner and do the same.
6. Take the bottom left corner and fold diagonally along the center line, like you did in Step #4.
7. Take the bottom right corner and do the same.
8. Score all of the diagonal folds with a pen or butter knife.
9. Unfold the diagonal folds so that the paper is now folded width-wise in front of you.
10. Fold the paper in half again, width-wise.
11. Fold the paper in half, length-wise, twice.
12. Open up the template so you can see all of the fold lines on the paper.
13. Take both hands and crumple the paper into a ball. Your origami rock is now complete
Don't forget about April Fool's day today! Here's an extra tutorial for tricking your veggie- hating kids. Faux Peas & Carrots:
Materials: green and orange Starbursts, butter knife and your 2 hands
Cut orange and green starbursts in quarters and smooth the edges of the carrots and roll the green ones into balls. I tricked my kids 2 years ago and they loved it. To see more faux food pranks check out the Family Fun website.
Tamara, hope you don't mind if I skip Steps 1-12 and go straight to 13? LOL ;D
So fun--- Believe it or not, this is the first mention of April Fool's Day I've seen today! (Gov't jobs allow for no fun.) Thanks for reminding me!
Post a Comment