Thursday, May 13, 2010

Through My Eyes - Basketball

Basketball is on my mind lately, between the nightly NBA playoff games and my boys practices and games, I can rarely go a day without thinking about it. Luckily I love it! So you know if it takes up space in my brain, it is bound to inspire something, so here are some basketball shots I took that are inspiring to me.

The hardwood
"The Hardwood" - Love the colors, the striping and the reflections of the lights

Out of Bounds
"Out of Bounds" - Love the bold red line. Brings about thoughts of barriers, boundaries, loss (you lose possession when you cross it) and lines you don't cross

DSCF5650

Loved the way this broken chain draped. Inspired thoughts of asymmetrical chains with circular accents.

DSCF5651

DSCF5653

DSCF5654
Loved the movement in this one

These last 3 pics were taken back in 2008, but they fit perfectly with this post

Hoop Dreams II - Macro365/day1
Love the texture, lettering and the bit of distressing

Hoop Dreams III
Again, love the texture and the bold lines which create interesting shapes. the cracks add some interest as well

Hoop Dreams I - Crafting 365/Day 143
This one's my favorite. The colors, the lomo, and the grittiness are perfection in my eyes and it really sums up how I feel about basketball. Love the net in this one too. If there was a shrine for basketball lovers, I think it would look like this.

Well, hopefully you'll see basketball in a different light after seeing it through my eyes.


GO CAVS!!!!!!!!! (Had to put that in for the boys. They love LeBron!)


**If this post inspires any artwork, please send me a link or photo, and I be more than happy to share it here on the blog.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Photo/Video Guest Book