Monday, September 15, 2008

Be Inspired to Create an Interesting Display

The ladies of BEST and I had a great day at Hampdenfest over the weekend. It was a hot long day, but doing it as a group made all bearable. It started slow, but I ended the day with a pretty nice profit. I only had my little table , so I had to do some creative arranging to fit everything in. I actually ended up liking the rather crowded table. I thought the layering of items and displays was interesting and now I am trying to figure out how to keep that look with the 3 tables I have for Crafty Bastards at the end of the month. I am kicking myself now becasue I didn't go around and pictures of everyone's displays. They were all creative and each complemented the feel the artist was trying to convey with their work. Here are some shots of my display. Sorry for the terrible pictures, but the sun was on us all day and by the time it started to go down I was too tired to take another picture.













When creating your craft show display try to come up with creative ideas to display your items. These days crafters/artists are very competitive and it can be difficult to stand out. A creative eye-catching display can pull people into your booth where they can get a better look at your items which obviously can lead to more sales. The strategy is simple, the more people you bring in, the more sales you will likely get. My displays are a mixture of my own creations, traditional displays, wall boxes and tablewear. When looking for display items, let your imagination run wild and don't forget to look at items that are not traditionalyl used as displays. Houseware stores, craft stores, thrift stores and hardware stores make great places to look for non-traditional displays. Just always keep functionality in mind. Make sure that it will show off your items while also keeping them in place. Feel free to share some of your display ideas in the comments. I'd love to hear about the creative ways people are displaying their wares. As always, please use this these ideas as inspiration and don't just copy what others are doing. Make your diplay your own and use it to reflect your style.

If you remember from my last post, we were also collecting art supplies for Art with a Heart in Baltimore to help replenish supplies that a middle school lost in a fire over the summer. I am happy to report that we were able to collect a large box of supplies and our blog post about the collection even led one reader to begin volunteering with Art with a Heart. So thanks to all the BEST members, wonderful customers and blog readers who donated some supplies! I also wanted to say thanks to all my customers and all the lovely people I talked to on Saturday. It was wonderful to meet you all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous display! Thanks for the great ideas!

Block Party Press said...

Thanks frivolitea!

SillyLittleLady said...

That is a really cool display! I know I would definitely be stopping by that booth

DLK Designs said...

Thank you for this! I have a huge show in Nov & I am looking how to set up now.
~Best to you, Dana

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Photo/Video Guest Book