Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to Bloggin & the PCAGOE Challenge

Hi everyone! I hope some of you are still here after I took most of the summer off. My kids started school this past week (YEAH!), so we are getting back into a routine and blogging will become a regular part of that routine. I look forward to exploring inspiration and offering suggestions for those in a creative rut. There will be artist interviews and I will share my latest pieces and their inspiration. There may even be a few contests and more collaborative projects too. So without further ado, I'm getting started:

The PCAGOE is having it's monthly challenge and this one was right up my alley, Texture. I created this 8x10" canvas as my entry.























I wanted to create something that really showcased just the texture, so rather than distressing the clay pieces I left them the flat white and orange. The trees and the "leaves" are heavily textured with different patterns. Some of the detail is lost in my photo, ( I really have to work on photographing my art pieces). As with most of my pieces, I want to make this a series using different textures and colors. All of the textured pieces were created using my own hand carved stamps. This piece will eventually make it into my Etsy shop, but I am currently working on a set-up to create and offer prints and I want to get my art pieces scanned before I offer the originals for sale. With the kids in school, I hope to start making 2-3 original art pieces a week as I am enjoying creating the larger scale pieces and I have 1001 a ideas (thank goodness for sketchbooks).

You can vote for your favorite entry and be entered to win a pirze at PCAGOE.com from starting today, Sept. 1st through midnight EST, Sept. 3rd. Here are all of this months entries:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Photo/Video Guest Book